Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Windsor Crossroads, Yadkin County, North Carolina



After taking off almost two years from blogging, I’m back with a new (at least to me) small car, a 2006 Miata, and a renewed interest in the back roads of North Carolina and its interesting sights and historic places.

First stop is Windsor Crossroads, an unincorporated spot in Yadkin County. This schoolhouse was built in 1915 and is now used as the community center. The day I stopped by, the Ruritan Club was having a pancake breakfast to raise money to maintain the center. And in the summer, it is used as a gathering place for local bluegrass musicians who meet there every Friday night.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I look forward to seeing and learning more about your corner of the world. I must do something about my sad old blog...

    ReplyDelete